We’re Recruiting – 3rd Line TechnicianPosted By: Hayley Monday 29th March 2021
We are currently recruiting for an 3rd Line IT Technician to join our growing and successful support team. You will become part of our friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to our widely varied client portfolio. These industries include but are not limited to engineering, construction, accountancy and auto mechanical engineering. In this permanent, full time position, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and become involved in all areas of the IT lifecycle including planning, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting and support. The successful candidate will require strong technical knowledge, be confident in communicating with both colleagues and clients, and be proficient in working to timescales. Given the nature of the position you will also be confident in taking on tasks involving technologies and software of which you have no prior experience.
- Dealing with day to day support tasks, both on site and remotely using our remote support tools
- Support our team with new server and IT system deployments
- Ensure all client calls are responded to professionally andin a timely manner
- Make use of our internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Meet targets and timescales
- Maintain a high level of customer service to our clients
Skills and knowledge required:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7/8/10
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Server Operation Systems including Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to Exchange, Hyper-V and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Cloud services and technologies
- General knowledge and hands-on experience of IT principles and technologies such as DHCP, DNS, TCP /IP, Switches/Routers/Firewalls and virtualisation
- Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have a willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Full driving license and own transport essential
Certifications, qualifications and experience required:
Industry certifications from Microsoft or Cisco are desired, as wouldbea Computer Science related degree. Hands on experience in an IT support role of 5 years+ is also preferred.
Previous work experience at an IT MSP also desired.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £24-£27k depending on experience and qualifications. You will be provided with a work laptop, mobile phone, and given time and guidance on furthering your IT knowledge and qualifications. You will also benefit from being enrolled on our health benefit plan. Work will be split between office location and home working.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.