We’re Hiring – 2nd Line TechnicianPosted By: Hayley Wednesday 24th June 2020
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd Line IT Technician to join our growing and successful support team. You will become part of our friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to our widely varied client portfolio. These industries including but are not limited to engineering, construction, accountancy and auto mechanical engineering. In this permanent, full time position, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and primarily be responsible for repairing IT faults and queries for clients using our remote access tools. Site visits may also be required. The successful candidate will require strong technical knowledge, be confident in communicating with both colleagues and clients, be happy to travel to client’s places of work, and be proficient in working to timescales. Given the customer-facing nature of the position you will also be confident in taking on tasks involving technologies and software of which you have no prior experience, and be confident in dealing with end-users in a professional and friendly manner.
- Dealing with queries via phone and our ticket system
- Dealing with day to day support tasks, both on site and remotely using our remote support tools
- Visiting clients offices to complete the installation of PC hardware (PCs, Printers etc) when required
- Make use of our internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Maintain a high level of customer service to our clients
Skills and knowledge required:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7/8/10
- Knowledge of server operating systems and technologies (Server 2016/2012/2008/DHCP/DNS etc)
- General knowledge and hands-on experience of routers/switches/firewalls
- Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have a willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Have excellent customer-facing support skills
- Full driving license and use of own car essential
Certifications, qualifications and experience required:
Industry certifications from Microsoft/Cisco/CompTIA would be an advantage. Experience in a similar role is essential.
Full driving license and use of own car essential.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £18k – £21k per annum depending on experience and qualifications. You will be provided with a company van, work laptop and mobile phone.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.