Service Desk Technician – VacancyPosted By: Hayley Wednesday 8th September 2021
We are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Technician to join our growing and successful support team. You will become part of our friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to our widely varied client portfolio. These industries include but are not limited to engineering, construction, accountancy and auto mechanical engineering. Being the first point of contact for our clients, in this permanent, full time position, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and primarily be responsible for repairing IT faults and queries over the phone and using our remote support tools. You will also be required to prepare PCs/Laptops for delivery to clients, and troubleshoot and repair PC and Laptop faults. You may also be tasked to aid 2nd and 3rd line support in their projects if required. Given the customer-facing nature of the position you will need to be confident in taking on tasks involving technologies and software of which you have no prior experience, and be confident in dealing with end-users in a professional and friendly manner.
- First point of contact for clients, taking phone calls and IT queries.
- Performing 1st line support tasks over the phone using remote access tools
- Make use of our internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Build, repair and troubleshoot PC/Laptops
- Work with 2nd/3rd line technicians with projects when required
- Maintain a high level of customer service to our clients
Skills and knowledge required:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7/8/10 essential
- Knowledge of server operating systems and technologies (Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/DHCP/DNS etc) preferred
- Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have a willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Have excellent customer-facing support skills
Certifications, qualifications and experience required:
Over 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferred. Certifications such as Microsoft advantageous.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £19k depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.