LaneSystems are Hiring!Posted By: Helen Monday 29th March 2021Tags: IT field technician, it support, North East Jobs
LaneSystems are an IT Support Business Partner and we are currently on the lookout for two new, exceptional team members. Based in Fishburn, Stockton, we work across the North East, alongside SMEs in order to support their computer systems and processes. With offices in Gateshead and Stockton, we offer easy access to a wide catchment area, providing comprehensive IT Support to those that can’t justify in-house provisions. Our team focuses on the delivery of a high quality service that’s based specifically upon client requirements.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Field Technician to join our growing and successful support team. You will become part of our friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to our widely varied client portfolio. These industries including but are not limited to engineering, construction, accountancy and auto mechanical engineering. In this permanent, full time position, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and primarily be responsible for repairing IT faults and queries at the clients place of work. The successful candidate will require strong technical knowledge, be confident in communicating with both colleagues and clients, be happy to travel to client’s places of work, and be proficient in working to timescales. Given the customer-facing nature of the position you will also be confident in taking on tasks involving technologies and software of which you have no prior experience, and be confident in dealing with end-users in a professional and friendly manner.
For more information about Lanesystems and the opportunity, visit our website www.lanesystems.co.uk.
- Visiting end-users in person to deal with their IT issues and queries
- Visiting clients offices to complete the installation of PC hardware (PCs, Printers etc)
- Dealing with day to day support tasks, both on site and remotely using our remote support tools
- Make use of our internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Maintain a high level of customer service to our clients
Skills and knowledge required:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7/8/10
- Knowledge of server operating systems and technologies (Server 2016/2012/2008/DHCP/DNS etc)
- General knowledge and hands-on experience of routers/switches/firewalls
- Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have a willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Have excellent customer-facing support skills
- Full driving license essential
A company van will be provided.
Certifications, qualifications and experience required:
Industry certifications from Microsoft/Cisco/CompTIA would be an advantage. Experience in a similar role is essential.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £21k – £24k depending on experience and qualifications. You will be provided with a company van, work laptop and mobile phone.